Labels

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Advanced Film Studies, Kurosawa

In this elective I have chosen to continue the studies that I previously had in Ollywood as a freshman to dive in deeper into the art of pre-production what's, is, does, and if's. By doing so I had chosen Ollywood as the best way to flourish my curiosity into an independent study in order to connect my passion inside and outside my class. My independent study focused on the realm of one of the most influential filmmakers of all time Akira Kurosawa. My goal was to dive into the three main units: pre-production, production, and post-production and use it as a foundation to create an end result of how had Akira Kurosawa influenced me as a global citizen and as a person who loves the art in itself. If you want to know more of Akira Kurosawa himself followed by my personal journey simply keep on reading and watch his films! a definite 100% Rotten Tomatoes.

In pre-production, I watched "The Throne of Blood" directed by Akira Kurosawa. This film worked as the stepping stone into the guiding question, " How do you Critique the element of Pre- Production?" In order to have analyzed the Throne of Blood, I had to learn the history of its time period to critic what was being shown to me as the audience.  So before I touched on the elements being screenwriting, storyboarding and production design I had conducted my own personal research. Akira Kurosawa took a lot of his inspiration from plays and novels so it was no surprise that Throne of Blood had been an adaption to Shakespeare play Macbeth.







No comments:

Post a Comment