Labels

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Voice of the Century

The third and last unit of my Senior Humanities course News coverage. In this unit, Sound, we learn all around sound news coverage. We tuned in to diverse podcasts and inquired about the voices of the century. This was an task where we had to choose a voice from each decade of the 20th century that speaks to what happened in that time period. We did comparative assignments. I truly preferred this task. It was a cool way to encounter sound from history. For our Field Encounter this unit, we went to Roosevelt College to see a photography display around worker detainment centers. This FE would have lined up superior with our photography unit, but there was sound within the show. For this action project, we had to form a podcast profiling and famous or influential voice. I had a difficult time considering of who to profile, but when I thought of powerful voices I knew I had to do Michael Jackson.

Tune In:




Read Along:

TIME
WHO
WHAT
0:00





























0:50






















1:15






1:37















2:33
GA





























Erin






















GA






Father















GA
“When we think of Michael Jackson, we think of his high-pitched shrieks, twirls, moonwalks, and impactful songs that changed music forever. His mark on the industry alone is enough to make him a legend — but that’s not all people remember him for. One of the most significant ways Michael Jackson influenced the world was through global culture. The music legend wasn’t just famous in the United States. He was famous all over the world, Through his influence, he was able to bring a sense of connection — He envisioned the world coming together in peace and harmony and created music that unified.Jackson's music took root in R&B, pop and soul. His play on different mediums and pop culture had gravitated all kinds of people to take a listen and tune in. These are some voices captured by the love of Michael Jackson”

“There are so many songs out there that I feel like are inspirational but one of them I would say Man in the Mirror because that one really represents wanting to make a change and that change has to start with yourself before letting that out towards everybody else. I listened to him a lot when I was younger but one of the songs I remember listening with my brother was leave me alone, we used to always re-watch that video over and over again. I don’t really know why but I just always remember him being someone I listen to to this day.”

“ Just like the youth gets impacted by the voice of Michael Jackson lets not forget about the old soul who grew up listening to Michael Jackson”

“My favorite song is Billie Jean, I like the music of that song. My first time when I listened to was when I was in high school. Now that I am older and in my early 50’s and sometimes when i feel tired in the job I listen to that song and I get more energy because of the music makes me remember my young age and gives me so much energy to finish my job”

As it seems to be Michael Jackson gave life to many people and that is why he is one of the most influential voices of the century.”

No comments:

Post a Comment