Labels

Friday, October 27, 2017

My Heroes!

For our last unit in stories, we analyzed the journey of heroes. The purpose of this unit was to apply Joseph Campbell’s hero mono myth to our own real and fictional heroes journey. The main guiding question of this unit was how do you analyze a hero? One of our major concepts that lead to our guiding question was Joseph Campbell's hero mono myth this made it possible to analyze the character journey more profoundly to make connections on their journey.

In our final AP we compared a fictional heroes journey and a real persons heroic journey. In my slideshow I analyzed Nacho Libre journey with my dads journey and made connections throughout their experiences. The reason I choose Nacho Libre was because my family grew up with this movie. Nacho Libre was a real person that just cared for the kids and that really just connected with my dads call to adventure. Nacho Libre and my dad had similar characteristics that helped them with their journey. Nacho and my dad did not give up completely during there abyss and showed strength from the positivity they have as a person. Overall Nacho Libre has a lot of heroic symbols that are seen in real people  just like my dad. My dad and Nacho both went through trials with the help of god as a supernatural mentor, allowing them to persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment